The energy markets are going through some major market changes, with the process of electrification effectively decarbonising the industry. This brings forward the need to replace how we power and heat our homes.
As energy bills keep increasing, more recently by 10% in April 2019 after a 13% increase in 2018 and 8% in 2018 and energy prices are likely to continue increasing by 8% to 10% per year for the next decade, there is a clear requirement to offer consumers a real alternative that addresses;
- Fuel poverty.
- Reducing a person’s own carbon footprint.
- Uncontrolled energy price rises.
- Increase the EPC** rating of the home.
With an eye clearly on the future and understanding the energy market trends, UK Energy Ltd & partners have built a new fully funded model targeted at social and private landlords.
There is no cost to the landlord or tenant and based on current industry standard variable rates from the big 7 energy suppliers, your tenants could be saving 20% to 30% off their electric bill from the day of installation. The offer includes full support and mmaintenance along with free upgrades, including but not limited to, increased battery storage, heat pumps and electric vehicle charging.
Our offer will ensure up to 75% of a home’s electric use is generated from the solar and battery installation, with the remaining 25% of the home’s electric use purchased at market leading rates from the Grid.
With our future price rises governed by CPI* +1% and not by market trends of +10%, it will mean our prices will always be amongst the lowest your tenants will find on the market. This ensures they can enjoy low energy prices whilst they remain with us.
Benefits for the Private or Registered Social Landlord
- Reduce their electricity bill from day of installation, assisting with fuel poverty.
- Further reductions achieved by moving to LED lighting to reduce overall consumption, with free LED bulbs offered to all tenants throughout the whole life of the agreement (subject to fair use policy).
- Increase the EPC level of the property to assist in any future council tax banding decisions decisions or, legal requirements passed by the UK Government to ensure the property is legally allowed to be rented.
- Benefits of community energy scheme to manage all aspects of the electricity bill including grid usage and costs, single bill detailing savings and assistance in reducing electricity costs.
- Be a platform for future install of heat pumps and electric vehicle charging / discharge points.
- Assist the UK’s drive to reduce carbon emission.
- Implement market leading energy saving technologies whilst ensuring future technologies are investigated.
- Purchase of grid electricity and gas at low / appropriate tariffs.
- Billing of grid energy and solar with battery as a single bill.
- Installation and management of new Smart meters.
The main legal aspects of the renewables with community
energy offering are:
- 15-year lease of air space above the roof with solar attached to the roof and equipment (inverters, battery storage with cabling and meters) installed in the house.
- Lease can be transferred on same terms to new buyer if house is sold.
- Option to for you to buy out equipment and continue with our energy scheme.
- System fully insured, maintained and managed.
*CPI – A consumer price index (CPI) measures changes in the price level of market basket of consumer goods and services purchased by households. The CPI is a statistical estimate constructed using the prices of a sample of representative items whose prices are collected periodically.
**EPC – An EPC is a certificate showing how energy-efficient a property is. The property will be given a grade of between A and G, with A being the best – ie most energy-efficient – rating, and G being the worst. New-build homes tend to have high EPC ratings, while older homes tend to have lower ratings of around D or E.